Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ghost


OK, so a ghost is about the easiest, most stereotypical Halloween costume out there. But Trevor could not decide what he wanted to be, and rejected all my suggestions, so when it got to be the weekend before Halloween, it was going to have to be something easy. I didn't quite do just the traditional sheet with holes in it, but close. I'm not sure where we got it, but we had a fitted sheet made out of very coarse muslin -- too coarse to be used as an actual sheet, possibly it was supposed to cover a mattress protector. At any rate, I thought the elasticization along the edge of the sheet made for an interesting effect, so I stitched it up the front (leaving an open bit up top for an eerie-looking mouth, and then just tacked up the back so it wouldn't drag on the ground. Holes for eyes and arms, and a white turtleneck underneath completed the look.

No comments: