Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fairy Tale Prince

Trevor told me he wanted to reuse Allison's or Karen's wild cat costume from the previous year, so that was going to be easy. Except that the weekend before Halloween, he changed his mind and said he wanted to be a knight instead. I had to throw something together in short order. He already had the dress-up breastplate, arm guards, sword and shield, so that was easy. The old fabric that had been the Shoyru costume was repurposed into a tunic for him (minus the Shoyru head!). My previous year's dance costume had included arm pieces in a shimmery, stretchy blue fabric, which I thought would be perfect for Trevor's legs. And in the dress-up bin we had a sparkly, silvery, fur-lined dress that was way too small for anyone (it was a full-length halter-top dress for a preschool girl, leftover from when I actually had a preschool girl!). I cut it up a little and converted it into a cape. So not a very authentic knight, but definitely a handsome fairy tale prince!

No comments: