Saturday, October 18, 2008

Possum

Karen's costume was also very easy. She had been a possum for a play over the summer, and wanted to reuse the same costume. I made the cap by cutting the bill off a gray baseball cap (my husband seems to have a limitless supply of baseball caps!), cutting it in half, and sewing the two halves on top as ears. I also sewed some of the extra gray fabric from the part of the bill I wasn't using to cover up the beer logo on front (!). Karen loves this cap (which has since been declared a cat cap), and still wears it semi-regularly even several years later.

I probably would have opted for the gray turtleneck, but she insisted on being a black-and-white striped possum, so had to go with the striped turtleneck. She's wearing two layers of black tights, and my black scarf was temporarily converted into a fluffy tail.

Although she insisted she was a possum, this could just as easily have been declared a cat costume.

No comments: